Another big expense is daycare or preschool. I thought this period would never come to an end and not because I had a terrible 2 toddlers, noooooo; I was lucky not to have gone through this stage; ok, I can’t say the same about the teenage years! lol
Continuing; I personally think this was my most expensive period, between 2 – 6 because there was always and activity or a daycare something to go to. There was the extra food you had to pack for school. The sleep and cuddle stuff animals and toys… omg, the list goes on! Also, I was like every new parent and single parent; I tried living like the Jones’.
There is still hope for this period, but you should stop worrying about everyone else around you and live your life. Especially as a single parent, “Nobody has time for that!”
Action you can take:
There is no getting away from this period or expense, but here is a list to help keep you sane
- Get a hand mixer
- Instead of buying pot food, make your own fresh baby food
- Make ziplock snacks with fruit and vegetable you can through in the lunch kit
- Sow your own stuff animals, by getting pattern from online
- Children’s books are expensive, so go to the library. Depending on the library, children can take up to a certain number of books
- The library also has dvds with children programs
- Get lots of chalk, so your child can run wild with their imagination
- For clothes, go to the thrift shop for school clothes, as they will always come home dirty, so no need for having such an expense
- Although hard to do, try to introduce your children as late as possible to artificial sweats. Once this happens their appetite chances.
TIP #3: No need to impress the Jones, they could care less about you!